Saturday, December 18, 2010

Close encounters of the TSA kind

I've got a little nest I built on a couch across from the car rental
stand, with my pillow and blanket and giant suitcase and whatnot. I
mean it wouldn't protect me out in the wild or anything, but it's
pretty good for what it is.

I normally don't (read: never) do this, but I briefly abandoned my
nest to run to the bathroom...I KNOW, you never leave stuff in an
airport unattended, and I wouldn't have this time except my suitcase
is huge and I'm sitting right next to the bathroom anyway. Plus I
figure the car rental people have been enviously staring at my nest
for the last hour, they won't let anyone steal my shit.

Welllll I'm gone for like 90 seconds, come back to my nest and there
are two TSAers eyeballing it suspiciously. They ran off when I plopped
back down in my spot, but still...really, TSA?Really? You think I hid
explosives in a giant, really obvious suitcase and then planted it in
front of Avis car rental...in the Syracuse airport?

I expect an adventure when I go through security this evening. Good
thing I'll be here longer than a TSA shift lasts.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment