Thursday, January 13, 2011

Last time back to Colgate

Weird to think that after this semester, my frequent traveler status
will essentially end...I'll have no need to fly back and forth between
school and my parents' house anymore and I'll probably be too poor to
travel often on my own.

Winter break ended just in time, though; there was some pretty
unpleasant familial tension going on in Terre Haute and it's such a
relief to get away from it. I'm still in shock that I won't be going
back in the foreseeable future, though.

So far today my travel adventures include artfully avoiding having to
hug my father when my parents dropped me off at the airport; having
the guy sitting next to me on the plane help me take off my
coat...come on, dude, I'm 22, I can dress and undress myself, thanks;
and overhearing the shocked comments of this big group of young women
in business attire who are on my flight about how terribly small this
flight is...they clearly either aren't used to flying at all or aren't
used to flying regionally, because this plane is two large seats on
either side of the aisle and enough overhead space to avoid gate
checking, so as far as regional jets go, this is really quite a large
one.

Update: it's official, they're infrequent fliers. I just heard one of
them squeal in delight over a SkyMall.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Too late now, but you should have awed them with fantastical tales of prop planes in which the door folds down to reveal the steps you climb into the airplane with...

    ReplyDelete