he got me out of a hard spot coming back to school from an impromptu
trip to Boston--my bus got into Utica on a Sunday after the last bus
back to Hamilton had already left, and I was dangerously close to
spending the night at the bus station (it was, of course, Valentine's
Day and none of my friends were willing to consider picking me up in
Utica a good alternative to a Valentine's date). Not to mention the
fact he charges half as much as the old Hamilton taxi companies
(except at 4am, which I call a fair deal) but is about ten times
friendlier and more accomodating.
So I was pleased when he pulled up to my house this morning
in...what's that Kia van/SUV-type thing that's shaped like a shoebox?
One of those. He upgraded his crappy old mini van! Quite a posh
upgrade, too. It was a bittersweet moment; I'm glad to see my favorite
taxi guy doing well, but come on, Madison county, this is MY taxi guy--
I'mma need the rest of you to back off.
I should probably mention that these late night/early morning in-
transit posts are brought to you by my cousin's wedding, which takes
place in Minnesota this afternoon and requires me to catch a plane
from Syracuse at the ripe ol' hour of 6am. Thanks for that itinerary,
United Airlines.
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment